27/03/2014

Watercolor Darcy Dragonfly

Hi Y'all
Well I haven't entered many challenges where you win anything but to be truthful, I thought I should probably give it a try.....this was my second thought after surfing around the internet and finding some other challenges that I thought were interesting.  I love The Doodle Garden and it  is a company that I really enjoy ...so when I was looking around I thought I would give it a try at Glitter and Sparkle Challenge.  I used an Image from The Doodle Garden called Darcy Dragonfly. 

I got the Tim Holtz watercolor markers about a month ago and I tried them and was not really feelin' the love.....but I tried again and I feel this image is much better or at least it turned out a bit better.  I have digi images and that also means you have to be careful when spreading the color that the black outline (printer) ink doesn't smear....well it happened on the wings but trust me I am feelin' all kinds of love for those markers now....practice definitely made perfect.  I think Darcy is just the cutest little fairy! 

The other new thing for me, yes, even after a few years of card making, I had not tried the JOY CARD.  I also LOVED making this card...its like the song that never ends...well this ends but it just keeps going with a little surprise on each flap.  I had used some 6 x 6 Crate Paper.  I think I usually put more "stuff" on my cards but this one just pleased me with the image and all the paper images.  It was super fun to make and I think I will cruze the interweb more often and find some challenges that inspire me to create more love. 
Happy Scrappin Y'all
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment